There have been lots of diesel engines seen all around Crotoonia.
- 1 Union Pacific SD70Ms
- 2 Pennsylvania Railroad Class GG1
- 3 EMD DDA40Xs
- 4 EMD GP7s
- 5 EMD SDP40F
- 6 The EMD SD70ACe Unit
- 7 Unknown Geep
These diesels have been seen more than the other types of diesels seen before. There are two types of diesels seen, UP 4780 and 4791.
These diesel are painted in the Union Pacific colors. They're painted yellow with a red line at the bottom of the body.
Their basis is the actual EMD SD70M locomotive itself.
- Because the AAR configuration is C-C, this means there are two trucks (a truck is one set of wheels put together), 6 wheels on each truck (3 on each side), and 12 wheels altogether. All the axles are powered. See more here.
- the number is wrong; although this may be a mistake. The original MMD model had a front cab which makes it look like a locomotive from the GE Evolution Series.
Pennsylvania Railroad Class GG1
The GG1 originates from the PRR, which currently is closed in the United States. It only made two appearances, the first in Tillie to the Rescue which appeared to be pushing flatcars, the second which was in Night Train.
The diesel is painted black with orange lining.
Its basis is the original GG1.
- If you see the configuration of 2-C+C-2, then here's the definition: It means 2 unpowered axles at the first truck (set of wheels), 12 powered ones at the middle truck, and another 2 unpowered ones at the back.
- Although these locomotives are electric-powered, this one seems to have its own regulator.
- The GEA-627-A1 are traction motors. It gets its power by overhead power lines.
These diesels appeared briefly at Celgreb Harbour.
The diesel is crimson red with large white, arrow stripes on the sides. The second one appears to be dark green.
- These locomotives don't seem to have a real company owned by them, the only ones were owned by the Union Pacific Railroad.
- Just like the rest of the engines, the engine has two trucks, however, there are 8 wheels on each truck (4 on each side), which makes it a total of 16 wheels in total. All wheels (axles) are powered.
Its basis is the actual EMD DDA40X. Out of the total 47 units made, only two are still in service and 13 are in preservation.
These diesel locomotives only appeared in Diesel's Steel Gang and in the Crotoonian Shoot of Celgreb City Depot.
These diesels are mostly painted blue with the top and bottom painted orange.
The AAR configuration for this engine is B-B. There are two trucks,
This diesel only appeared Casey Jr's Mail Run and the Crotoonian Shoot of Celgreb City Depot.
The body appears to be deep-turquoise with a black upside. One side of the nose is yellow which becomes a line at the bottom of the body. The other side is painted with white with black hazard stripes.
The basis is in its name, the EMD SDP40F. Over 150 of them were built to take over passenger services but were unsuccessful due to the heavyweight it had compared to the coaches themselves. Only one is kept preserved.
Because this is an AAR configuration of C-C, it means that there are 12 wheels, 6 on each truck, and 2 trucks.
The EMD SD70ACe Unit
This engine was seen in Crotoonian Shoot of Celgreb City Depot.
The engine os painte dark green with the bottom white line on the nose, which rises up to be a strikethrough on the sides.
The engine is based off the actual SD70ACe itself, although it may also have a connection with the C40-9W.but seeing that the ditch lights are closer together and on the pilot.
- Just like the SDP40F, the engine has an AAR configuration of C-C, which, you can see on top, has twelve wheels, six on each side, and six axles. All axles are powered.